10.6.08

A bandhan succeeds

One evening I was driving home in Melbourne, Australia. The radio was on in my car and suddenly my attention was taken with the news flash that a man had taken some children hostage at a nearby kindergarten. The man held the children captive in the bathroom area of the kindergarten. He was crazed and desperate, the children scared and crying.

Perhaps because of my experience in a kindergarten, I was able to project somehow into the situation and I became overwhelmed by an urgent and deep desire to do something to help. I gave a bandhan, which I did with passion, praying in sheer desperation. Five minutes later I arrived home, switched on the radio and learned that the man had suddenly and for no apparent reason given himself up and the children were safe from further harm.
Sandra C.

(early 1990s?)